Hurricane Vases Serve Many Purposes!
Hurricane vases come in many different shapes and sizes! They can be used for just about anything, from displaying fun layers of Easter themed candies to formal arrangements for Valentines Day.
What is a hurricane vase?
The term “hurricane vase” can refer to a wide variety of deep, cylindrical glass vases. The name comes from the old-fashioned term “hurricane lamp,” when lamps were made tall to shield the candle flame burning inside from the outside elements. It’s debatable weather a glass vase could withstand a hurricane, however…
What makes a hurricane vase unique?
Their tall unique shape allows for a variety of items to be arranged together. Candy and flowers, or candy and candles can be arranged together for an eye-catching display combo.
- These vases allow for layering different types of candies or objects to create colorful patterned displays.
- Hurricane vases are usually wide set, making them a smart choice for larger objects.
What are these vases best used for?
Hurricane vases are often used with candles. Decorators often place pillar candles inside a vase in an effort to draw attention towards what would normally be a plain looking candle.
- Old-fashioned vases can often be displayed on their own, as their fine details are decorative enough.
- More modern vases can be used to display anything from ornaments and baubles to, of course, colorful candies.
- Hurricane vases can also be used for flower arrangements, making it easy to create a varied and eye-catching display for your candy.
Easy Seasonal & Holiday Displays
Hurricane vases can come in several different colors of tinted glass, as well as varying sizes, to best display your seasonal items. Set the mood in your shop with these easy display ideas.
- Amber tinted glass can be used to create an Autumnal mood for a fall season candy display. Reds, oranges, yellows and browns do well to portray the colors of falling leaves and to display fall-themed candies.
- Larger vases can be filled with larger items. Creating a spring-themed display in the middle of your store is easy with Lemon heads and actual lemons. Sometimes a bright pop of yellow is all you need to attract a customer.
- This Valentines day-themed arrangement from AmandaJaneBrown.com is super easy and works well with candy hearts.
- Fill a hurricane vase with red, white, and blue candies for the 4th. Check out this design from Tracy-Lee Kropman, avid Pinterest poster. You can replace the beans with smaller candies.
- This halloween candy vase-filler, from Hatchery, is a perfect example for a Halloween candy display using a hurricane vase.
Hurricane vases can be used to create different styles and tones within your store, whether you’re setting up a window, island, or behind-the-counter display. There’s almost no end to the variety of items that look fantastic in one of these gorgeous vessels. Celebrate any holiday or season by displaying seasonal candies through the clear or tinted glass of a hurricane vase.